• Green Card

    Applying for permanent residence (Green Card)? We are here to help guide you through the process. Whether you are filing for yourself or are making a petition for an alien relative (I-130).

    I-130 Application fees are $535 and our services typically start at $980.00 depending on your specific circumstances.  

    Further fees may be applicable, for a full list of USCIS forms and fees you can visit: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/our-fees

    An I-130 is a family based petition for a non-citizen relative. It can be filed by a U.S. citizen or in some cases by a green card holder. The person filing for the I-130 is called the petitioner. The non-citizen relative would be the beneficiary of such a petition. In case you are filing for multiple eligible family members a separate form I-130 must be filed for each person. Eligible family members are:

    1) your spouse,
    2) your unmarried children under 21 years of age,
    3) your unmarried sons or daughters 21 years of age or older,
    4) your married sons or daughters of any age,
    5) your brothers or sisters (you must be 21 years of age or older),
    6) your mother or father (you must be 21 years of age or older).

    In connection with an I-130 filing there are two pathways in the green card application process. One is the adjustment of status for individuals already in the U.S. and the other is consular processing at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. There are some advantages and disadvantages to each pathway.

    Consular processing in general is the more popular route and has some cost savings and potential for faster processing.

    Adjustment of Status

    A person already legally in the U.S. under an eligible visa (we will talk more about which persons are eligible to adjust status) may file the I-485 together with an I-130 application from a relative. The I-485 fee is currently $1225 and therefore adjustment of status is a bit pricier than the consular processing pathway. The full application package includes:

    • I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
    • I-130A Supplemental Information Form
    • I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Green Card Application)
    • I-864 Affidavit of Support (Financial Support Form)
    • I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
    • I-131 Advance Parole (Travel Authorization)*
    • I-693, is a sealed envelope and is issued by your USCIS-approved doctor after the completion of your medical exam.
    *The fee for the advance parole application I -131 (travel authorization during processing time) is waived if filed together with I-485.

    Consular processing

    Again the application begins with the filing of the form I–130. The difference with consular processing is that the beneficiary is abroad, outside of the U.S. One additional requirement for the consular processing pathway are police certificates from every country the beneficiary lived in.
    When all of the documentation has been provided you will receive an appointment for your immigration interview at the consulate. The total time to receive a decision is approximately 7-10 months from the time USCIS has all the documents they need.* Once you receive your immigrant visa you would travel to the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident.

    *at this time the processing times vary greatly depending on which service center your application is assigned to.

  • “I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say what is and what is definitely not possible.” — Henry Ford